Sunday, July 17, 2011

Why Sugar?

I suspect the number one thing that brought us all to sugar was.....well....the sugar!

The money, the gifts, the travel, or whatever sugar perks your particular arrangement provided.

While the sugar always had significance, I found over time it became almost secondary to the adventure of sugar. Sugar gave me something to think about and focus on. It gave me someone to take care of and keep happy. I feel that I am a caregiver by nature, so for me sugar helped to fill that need. 

I also felt that sugar had a way of extending the honeymoon period of dating in which a great amount of effort is going into impressing the other party. Obviously this wanes in all relationships over time, but it always seemed to last longer in sugar relationships. Perhaps because impressing the other party is so important in sugar. 

The Daddy want's to show he has the means to be a daddy, the baby wants to show that sHe is worth the effort. This was always one of the best parts for me. I always liked thinking of my sugar, finding new ways of surprising him, flirting with him, and keeping things fresh.

I mean in truth money is important, but boring. It may keep the furnace on but it isn't what keeps you warm at night. 

I suppose in the end, money is the goal, but the adventure is what makes the ride worth taking.

No comments:

Post a Comment