Friday, July 29, 2011

I wish

I wish you would take care of me,
it comes out with a sigh,
I didn't know I'd say it,
but I think I might know why.

I think I've struggled far too long,
sometimes I want to cry,
I plan the things I want to do
but they always go awry.

I feel I'm on a treadmill.
and I'll walk until I die,
I never make much progress,
no matter how I try.

I wish you would take care of me,
I would take care of you.
I'll make you feel your young again,
I'll make you feel brand new.

I'll help you to enjoy life,
and you will help me too,
we'll have our own adventures,
in fact, we'll have a few,

Life we'll be much brighter,
and will have a warmer hue,
We'll whirl around form place to place,
we'll have so much to do.

I wish you would take care of me,
I really truly do.

No comments:

Post a Comment