Thursday, July 21, 2011

Sugar Addiction

I have a sugar addiction, 
I can see it in my dreams.
It gives me crystal focus,
it both comforts and redeems.

I am seeking out my daddy
who will have some gifts to share.
He will show me how to prosper,
I will show him that I care.

I wish to be beneath his wings
and learn what I must know,
how to find my own success,
and how to make it grow.

I have a sugar addiction, 
for elegant romance,
to eat and drink the very best,
to travel and to dance.

I want to eat the finest food,
and drink the finest wine.
to go where I have never been,
and find the things that shine.

I want to use my passport,
and travel far away,
I wish to go to other lands,
and finally seize the day.

I have a sugar addiction, 
I seek what sugar brings,
I wish to live in comfort,
and know the finer things.

I want to know my bills are paid, 
and that they are on time. 
I want to know I can relax,
no mountain's left to climb.

I want to know that I am safe,
no tension to release,
I want to live in beauty,
I want to live in peace.

2 comments:

  1. RC, your poetry writing skills is exceptional! This feels so dreamy and i can actually identify with most of them. It is most aptly and graciously penned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Amelia. I've actually been thinking of doing more rhyme here. I find it relaxing and it's probably more enjoyable to read than one of my rants. :-)

    ReplyDelete